What inspired The Emblem of Respect
This is me (left one)
From elementary school till end secondary education I was bullied a lot. Didn't want to go to school and didn't have much friends. Yes, that left a mark, and it's still 'visible'. In 1998, when I was 16 years old I started to practice Kyokushinkai Karate in the town where I grew up, and fell in love with the values that where taught there. The first thing that I got was 'to great the Dojo' and to always have respect for and towards one another. Four years later I switched to Pencak Silat and this was right up my alley. I graduated for my Black belt in 2011. My Maha Guru past away in 2013 and in 2015 I decided to teach what I had been thaught. Same technics, but with a different approach. An approach more suited for this current society. I have been teaching very important values, what I call the six core values.
This photo was taken around December 31st, 2003. I was training for my Orange belt.
Creating foundation / widespread and public support / acceptance / broad consensus and most of all raise awareness, sportsmanship and respect between all Martial Artists around the world.
Be a world renowned symbol for Martial Artists, an Emblem for Acceptance, Awareness, Compassion, Empathy, Respect and Understanding between all Martial Artists.
What we are looking for
We are looking for Martial Artists (teachers and students) who enjoy practicing their artform and are passionate about the six core values of The Emblem of Respect (Acceptance, Awareness, Compassion, Empathy, Respect and Understanding). To help spread the word and willing to help bring awareness to their Martial Art form!
A feature on our brands page
To promote any equipement or supplier.
You will get your own Feature.
What you can do to help
- Tell people about The Emblem of Respect and about the (non-profit) goal.
- Have the Emblem of Respect embroidered with a company near you and wear the Emblem of Respect (EOR) on your outfit.
- Display or show the EOR-header on your website.
- Donate to the Emblem of Respect that will directly go into marketing, promotion, design and shipping of the Emblem of Respect.
- Do collaboration posts with @martial_artist_alliance and/or @emblem_of_respect.